I am pleased to let you know about a new exciting moment for our community!
‘The FA App’ is now available!
This free app is really amazing.
It allows all of us community members (FAers, family, friends) to
- Connect with one another
- Read the latest FA news and blogs and see useful questions & answers
- Have access to all kinds of useful tools like appointment trackers and gratitude journals
But most importantly, The FA App is research focused! We can all contribute to the research that will bring us closer to a cure, no matter where we live.
How? The FA App has a “Research’ section which has information on clinical trials and research studies that are active and enrolling. You will be able to submit your expression of interest in any of the studies directly from The FA App. In addition, The FA App also has a Virtual Trial section – which will allow researchers to launch new research surveys and studies and App users can participate in these exciting new research projects from our own homes. The more of us that have the App downloaded and ready to reply to those virtual trials, the better and faster the research can be. We at HEFAA are kindly ask all of you to:
- Download the app, create an account, and keep the App on your phone/tablet
- Make sure notifications are turned ON, so you know when new research is starting
- Enjoy the whole app, but please make an extra effort to participate in as many of the Virtual Trials as you are able to. (Note the virtual trial section will take a little while to get going, while the researchers embrace this new tool. They tell us they are excited about the new possibilities this unlocks!)
You can find links to the app stores at www.theFAapp.org or you can just search for ‘The FA App’ in either AppStore or Google Play.
Looking forward to your thoughts and feedback,
The Hellenic Friedreich’s Ataxia Association Team